First and foremost, from one person to another – I want you to remember that we are all in this together. We have a long and hard road ahead, but we will overcome this. Since HPNE was incorporated in 2002, and as we have evolved from 5 employees to a company with two offices and products that are sold all over the world, our message and our mission has remained the same, let's solve big problems. When it comes to this new challenge, we will do just that.
The health and well-being of our employees, customers, and their employees is of the utmost importance to us. Below, I wanted to take a moment to communicate with you all my thoughts and the actions we have taken on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments thus far.
In Our Offices and Facilities
Today, March 17th, 2020, we have implemented the following actions.
- Travel for HPNE employees has been suspended.
- HPNE employees have their temperature checked upon entering every HPNE site every day, since March 9th, 2020.
- All sites have engaged in preventative measures according to the guidelines and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Website).
- HPNE employees who are able to work remotely are now doing so, reducing our in-office personnel by more than 50%. Those employees who remain will maintain more than a 6-foot distance from all other employees.
- HPNE manufacturing facilities will work in staggered shifts, minimizing exposure to one another.
- Sites are working to accommodate family needs due to school closures, etc. while continuing to manufacture and deliver products.
- Any sites are working daily with our global supply chain to try to minimize any supply disruption impacts on you.
Depending upon the actions taken in our state, region and the country as a whole, we will adjust our posture to respond to those additional actions. In the meantime, we will continue to monitor this fluid situation and work to find solutions that will limit any impact the coronavirus or situation might have on our employees, our customers, and our ability to meet market demands.
Thank you for your partnership, your support, and please stay safe.
Mark A. Sitcoske